Gold milk is a traditional Ayurvedic drink made with ground turmeric, milk, ginger, cinnamon, (originally made with cow’s milk), but we like almond, oat and coconut, black pepper, and oil. Although it is totally optional, it can be sweetened with unrefined sugars like honey and maple syrup.It promotes the holistic health of the body with its antioxidant, antibacterial, anti cariogenic, and anti-inflammatory properties. It has incredible healing and calming properties, this easy and healthy vegan drink will be your new favorite comforting ritual before bed!
- 2 ½ cups unsweetened almond, oat or coconut milk
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- A pinch of black pepper
- Honey to taste
Mix everything in a small saucepan and cook until it starts simmering.
What are the benefits?
- Help minimize joint pain and reduce inflammation
- Fight off various infections and build (and boost) immunity
- Promote healthy glowing skin
- Delay diabetes as curcumin’s anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties help moderate insulin levels.
- Boosts the effect of medications that treat diabetes.
- Protect brain and improve memory functions.
- Tame heartburn and indigestion issues.
- Improves mood.
- Reduce risk of cancer.